Sunday 6 November 2016

Abstract Book Cover

The first one is "Wind in the Willow" by Kenneth Grahame. Unfortunately I haven't read this book but I tried to get the feeling of the story reading the synopsis and that was the result.



The next one is "The Jungle book" by Rudyard Kipling. I chose a palette with greens and oranges. I also, in general, like to use the white (blank) spaces  for composition purposes. to finish I scratched with the palette knife for a final touch.



"The Sea, The Sea" by Iris Murdich. Was quite difficult not to be obvious. I mixed lots of shades of blue and some of them aren't too mixed to give this 3d sense.



"Inferno" by Dante Alighieri. Basic used shades of reds also not much mixed and in this case I used water for effect.



"An Omelette and a Glass of Wine" by Elizabeth David. Light and dark blue for background. two abstract shapes makes the omelette (tons of yellow) and the wine (tons of red).



And that i it... was fun to make those, hope you like it...



No comments:

Post a Comment